Reunions are one of the best healing tools available to Veterans

The News


The Combat Action Badge Should be Awarded to All members of the 299th Engineer Battalion, Regardless of where or when you served. 

Please read below and do your part to make this happen

III. AWARD ELIGIBILITY: The Combat Action Badge (CAB) may be awarded by any commander delegated authority by the Secretary of the Army during wartime or the CG, U.S. Army Human Resources Command and will be announced in permanent orders.



(1) The requirements for award of the CAB are Branch and MOS immaterial. Assignment to a Combat Arms unit or a unit organized to conduct close or offensive combat operations, or performing offensive combat operations is not required to qualify for the CAB. However, it is not intended to award all soldiers who serve in a combat zone or imminent danger area.

(2) Specific Eligibility Requirements:

a. May be awarded to any soldier.

b. Soldier must be performing assigned duties in an area where hostile fire pay or imminent danger pay is authorized.

c. Soldier must be personally present and actively engaging or being engaged by the enemy, and performing satisfactorily in accordance with the prescribed rules of engagement.

d. Soldier must not be assigned/attached to a unit that would qualify the soldier for the CIB/CMB.

(3) May be awarded to members from the other U.S. Armed Forces and foreign soldiers assigned to a U.S. Army unit, provided they meet the above criteria.

(4) Award of the CAB is authorized from 18 September 2001 to a date to be determined. Award for qualifying service in any previous conflict is not authorized.

What can I Do to help??

Please, please take the time to send an email to your Representative in Congress to show your support for (H.R.82). Ask them to support (H.R.82) Let's do whatever we can to get the word out to make sure that this long overdue bill hits the Full House and is passed. It's never to late for a veteran to be recognized for their combat service, many of our Brothers from WWII have passed on, but we have so many others who served in Korea and Vietnam who need this recognition just to "Prove" that they were in combat and deserve the full benefits that the VA owes them, without it, they will have to supply "Stressors," these are instances during combat or while in a combat zone that have impacted the Veteran to such a degree that it has caused Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.

H.R.82 - To expand retroactive eligibility of the Army Combat Action Badge to include members of the Army who participated in combat during which they personally engaged, or were personally engaged by, the enemy at any time on or after December 7, 1941.


All members of congress are listed at this site







Website Builder